In a move that would empower the younger generation social networkers to stay seamlessly connected on the move, HTC Corporation, a global designer of smartphones, and Reliance Communications, India's largest integrated telecom service provider, today announced an exclusive partnership to launch the HTC Wildfire™ in India.
The 3G ready HTC Wildfire, equipped with the company's signature HTC Sense experience, is a new Android phone on the GSM networks that integrates the most popular social networks to help bring your friends closer to you. Under the alliance, Reliance Communications GSM customers can avail up to 500 MB of free data access every month for a period of six months, thereby enabling them to experience the true power of the HTC Wildfire.
"Social networks have really caught on the fancy of today's young generation, who like to stay seamlessly connected with each other even while on-the-go," said Ajay Sharma, Country Head, and HTC India. "The stylishly designed HTC Wildfire combined with the HTC Sense experience bring all your communication requirements into one place, whether it's through Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, Flickr, text messages, images or email, ensuring that one is never far away from the conversation and always close to one's friends."
"We are proud to further our association with a telecom leader like Reliance Communications who share our commitment of ushering in the latest innovation for Indian mobile phone user", Ajay added.
"The launch of HTC Wildfire is in line with our strategy to offer next-generation service on mobile phones enabled with superior voice clarity, hi-speed wireless data network access and ultra-fast application downloads to Reliance Mobile customers", said Mr. Mahesh Prasad President Marketing – Wireless Business, Reliance Communications.
"Empowering Reliance Mobile customers to access work and personal information on the move in addition to a host of fun applications, the feature-rich HTC Wildfire is a powerful Android powered 3G smartphone which will protect customers' interest in the mobile phone once the 3G network and services are launched by RCOM," Mr. Prasad added.
HTC Wildfire Features & Specifications:
The 3G ready feature-rich futuristic HTC Wildfire smartphone would also give Reliance Mobile customers the unique experience of staying up to date with the friends' posts, comments, alerts and photos, wherever they are. The smartphone would also enable the user with impeccable features laid on Android platform with HTC Sense operating system.
Featuring a 3.2" touch screen, a 5 megapixel camera with auto focus LED flash, FM radio, a media player with a slot for expandable memory, the HTC Wildfire comes with special features including Proximity sensor, G-sensor, Digital compass, light sensor and an optical joystick, next generation caller ID, support for phone, email, text messaging, Wi-Fi, HTML web browser and more.
HTC Wildfire Price in India:
Attractively priced at Rs. Rs. 16,590*, the new HTC Wildfire will be available at all authorized HTC resellers across the country.
Reliance Mobile GSM customers upgrading to HTC Wildfire will also get FREE Data Usage up to 500 MB of free data access every month for a period of six months.
- Prices may vary according to the local applicable taxes
The New HTC Wildfire on Reliance Mobile GSM network offers:
- Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7225-1, 528 MHz
- Operating system: Android™ 2.1 with HTC Sense
- Memory ROM: 512 MB Flash RAM: 384 MB
- Dimensions: 10.66 cm (L) x 6.09 cm (W) x 1.21 cm (T)
- Display: 3.2-inch QVGA 262k colour TFT capacitive touch screen
- Network: HSPA/UMTS dual band (900/2100mhz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 (Band frequency, 3G network availability, and data speed are operator dependent.)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
- Camera: 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and LED flash GPS GPS/AGPS
- Battery: 1300 mAh rechargeable lithium- ion battery
- Special features: Proximity sensor, G-sensor, Digital compass, Light sensor, FM radio, Optical joystick
- Users can download and install various applications from the Android Market with a single click
Source: Reliance Mobile